REM72: All the news and reviews for the modern modeller!
Inside RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 167.
In the bumper April 2010 issue:
• Comment: The editor, whilst being impressed with the line-up of new items announced by Bachmann urges the company to capitalise on existing opportunities first and reconsider a range of OHLE.
• News: Heljan reveals that its Class 86 is imminent, however, its model of the BRCW Lion is pushed back to 2011. Just Like The Real Thing shows off its Class 27 kit, which will be available soon. Plus, there are some exciting announcements in ‘OO’ in the 2010-11 programme from Bachmann, not least a Class 85 and ‘Desiro’ EMU, as well as the prototype ‘Deltic’ in the Farish ‘N’ range.
• Reviews: Another short-lived loco type from Danish manufacturer Heljan. The editor takes a micrometer to Heljan’s model of the most aesthetically pleasing of the pilot scheme Type 1s, the BTH Type 1 (Class 15). We also given our verdict on a new wagon release. Most famously utilised on the Burngullow–Irvine clay slurry flow, the ICA/B bogie ‘silver bullet’ tankers have now been released in 4mm scale by Dapol.
• Research: With the release of Hornby’s model of the Mk. 3b Driving Van Trailer, REM provides a guide to the correct usage of these vehicles. Includes formations from InterCity to the present day.
• Exhibition diary & Reviews extra: The ‘Warship’ diesel-hydraulic makes a return to the Bachmann range, now with lights and DCC decoder fitted. Also includes a full round-up of exhibitions with diesel & electric era interest.
• Modelling: Mostyn team member Dave Millward builds up 51L’s ironstone hopper kit, the first of a fleet of nearly 70 such vehicles! Check out the column for more on this ‘signature’ wagon type for Mostyn.
On sale via subscription and specialist distribution (March 27th) or from your local newsagent (March 30th).