REM67: The very best in modern modelling!
Inside RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 162.
In the November issue:
• News: Dapol announces Class 92 dual-voltage electric and Class 121 ‘bubble car’ in ‘N’, Bachmann shows off first pre-production samples of Class 105 ‘Cravens’ DMU and painted ‘N’ ‘Megaboxes’ and ‘OO’ ‘Presflos’, Flangeway plans ‘Turbot’ ballast/spoil wagon to follow ‘Mermaid’, Replica rub-down transfers return, C-Rail and DC Kits reveal new Freightliner FLA ‘twin’ and Just Like The Real Thing restarts work on ‘O’ ‘Blue Pullman’ DEMU set.
• Reviews: Heljan’s Hawker Siddeley prototype HS4000 Kestrel is reviewed. Falcon was underwhelming, so how does the 4,000hp machine stack up? There are also reviews of the latest Bachmann products, including 66152 in DB Schenker red and 37428 in Railfreight Petroleum, Graham Farish’s new ‘N’ gauge Conflat A and containers, a new book by Pete Waterman on his Leamington Spa layout, and Flangeway’s Tinsley snowplough pair.
• Modelling: The second part of our detailing feature on the late-Doncaster constructed Class 56s sees the pairing of 56075 West Yorkshire Enterprise and 56102 take shape thanks to some excellent stainless steel etches from Shawplan… the job isn’t helped by some notable inaccuracies in the Hornby tooling, which have meant that compromise is the order of the day.
• Exhibitions: It’s almost time again for the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition at the NEC. This year’s event also marks the final show for the popular crowd puller layout Runswick Leamside. We also provide full listings of all the other shows over the next month with diesel and electric era interest.
• Serial: The 101st Mostyn column sees a return to the stock building progress on the layout. It’s time to retire the old Hornby Freightliner flats, because they are about to be replace by a set of 15 wagons built from the stunning Colin Craig etched kit.
On sale at your local newsagent or via subscription (Nov 3rd).