REM66: Commemorating three special subjects!
Inside RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 161.
In the September issue:
• News: Bachmann releases pictures of the final painted samples of its ‘OO’ gauge Class 411 4-CEP EMU, and its looking very good indeed! ViTrains announces its next batches of Class 37s and 47s, which stick to the contemporary-era. There is a report of the latest news from the N Gauge Show with the first pictures of Dapol’s Class 58 and Class 86 locos and Graham Farish’s ‘Megabox’ wagons.
• Reviews: C-Rail’s outstanding 40ft ‘High Cube’ container plugs a huge gap in the range of available intermodal equipment. Hornby’s Class 60 No. 60040 The Territorial Army Centenary in DB Schenker/Army maroon is out, as is the ex-Lima ‘Deltic’, now available as part of the Railroad range. Bachmann’s gangwayed Class 150/2 DMU hits the shops, as does the Farish ‘N’ Class 37/0 with cut-away bufferbeams. Plus we build up the new Cambrian ‘Whale’ ballast hopper and the S-Kits’ ‘Sea Urchin’ engineer’s open.
• Modelling/D&E Files: Tinsley TMD ‘pet’ No. 47145 Merddin Emrys was a popular member of the Railfreight Distribution Class 47 fleet by virtue of its ever changing oddball blue livery. Sadly the loco was recently scrapped, but it lives on here in this detailing project based on the ViTrains Class 47 loco.
• Feature: Has it really been 20 years since Paul Wade’s Tonbridge West Yard layout arrived on the exhibition scene? A contemporary layout when new, its Network South East period brings back happy memories for modellers of a certain age… however, it has just one show left before retirement. Paul looks back on two decades of lugging TWY around.
• Serial: 100 episodes of the Mostyn column have graced the pages of RAIL EXPRESS. The Barrowmore boys take stock of their achievements so far before looking towards finishing the scenery on the layout extension and the next seven years of stock building.
On sale at your local newsagent (Oct 7th) or via subscription (Oct 3rd).