REM62: Check out our new limited edition!
Inside RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 157.
In the June issue:
• News: ViTrains reveals six new reliveries, including the Network Rail Class 97/3s Nos. 97302 & 97304 John Tiley, Just Like The Real Thing releases the Class 20 in ‘O’ gauge, while Dapol’s ‘N’ Mk. 3s hit the shops in a host of colours along with the second run of 4mm scale container liveries. Judith Edge kits also unveils three new kits for the Hunslet 35-ton 0-4-0, Thomas Hill Steelman 0-6-0 and Conflat P wagon.
• Reviews: There is a review of Dapol’s ‘N’ gauge Class 156, which shows some impressive features that we’d like to see more of in 4mm scale. We also take a brief look at the latest releases from Bachmann, which includes a ‘Turbostar’ in the colourful colours of London Midland.
• Specials: You can still purchase our forthcoming Bachmann limited edition locomotive, which represents Fastline Freight Class 66/3 No. 66301 and is based on the well-regarded ‘OO’ gauge model. There are also details of out ViTrains Class 47 double-pack of Colas Rail-liveried machines, Nos. 47727 Rebecca & 47749 Demelza.
• Layout: The Wath arm of the Woodhead route is the subject for our main layout feature, as we visit Alan Whitehouse’s Mini-MSW. This incredible 2mm finescale slice of the much-missed 1,500V dc electrified main line features Class 76s that have to be seen to be believed!
• Serial: The Barrowmore Group shows off the latest developments to its 18.83mm/‘P4′ Mostyn layout, including the first image of the extended layout set up in the clubrooms. With the Perth show fast approaching, the you can keep up to date with their amazing progress here.
• Diary: June is a big month for modern modellers as both societies catering for this era – Diesel & Electric Modellers United and MIGO+1 – have their annual shows. We provide full details for both of these exhibitions.