REM60: Check out our new limited edition!
Inside RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 155.
In the April issue:
• Specials: We unveil our second model annoucement of 2009, and our main limited edition release for the year. This represents Fastline Freight Class 66/3 No. 66301 and is based on the well-regarded Bachmann ‘OO’ gauge model.
• News: Pete Waterman’s Just Like The Real Thing range is to produce the Woodhead Class 76 EM1 dc electrics in 7mm scale. Two limited edition Bachman ‘Sprinter’ DMUs are to be produced – Liverpool Model Shop Hattons will release a Merseyrail-liveried unit, while Peterborough retailer Trains4U is to market the original Provincial painted Class 150/1s. Dapol reveals plans to produce a ‘Pocket’ intemodal wagon in ‘N’ and ‘OO’ with matching ‘high cube’ containers. DC Kits releases a kit for the Mk. 2f DBSO.
• News extra: Bachmann unveils its plans for the next year, which include some real surprises. There is also an update on the latest news from Heljan and Murphy Models.
• Reviews: The Italian manufacturer ViTrains has already released its second batch of four Class 47s, which include some tooling differences. There are also two new Class 37s. We take a look at all six new locomotives.
• Layout: We visit Cornish china clay country in this portrait of Wheal Elizabeth, Andrew Ullyott’s 18.83mm/‘P4’ project which features stock from the 1950s-1980s. The layout was built for the Scalefour Society/DEMU D&E challenge competition, claiming the runner-up position.
• Serial: The boys from Barrowmore pass the point of no return on Mostyn’s layout extension as the two hidden sidings entrance boards are irrevocably modified! Keep up to date with the project’s ‘screw-o-meter’…
• Diary: There is a run down of the exhibitions in April with significant diesel and electric era layout interest. The best of the month includes Scalefour North, York, Epsom & Ewell and Stowmarket.