REM58: The best D&E era layout coverage!
Inside RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 153.
In the February issue:
• Comment: REM presents is traditional look back over the 12 months previous, giving an appraisal of the year. We also deliver our verdict on the best and worst models on 2008.
• News: Samples of the RAIL EXPRESS Thornaby Class 37/5 trio of special editions are illustrated. Dapol announces the MBA ‘Megabox’ family of box wagons in ‘N’ and ‘OO’, while ViTrains reveals another four liveries for its well-regarded Class 47 model as well as a few more tooling variations!
• Diary: There is a run down of the exhibitions in February with significant diesel and electric era layout interest. Stafford and Model Rail Scotland are the two ‘best for D&E’.
• Layouts: Andrew Donnelly has been a RAIL EXPRESS contributor from its earliest days, but until now he has never built a layout on which to run his extensive fleet of heavily detailed locomotives. REM visits Airthrey Park, showcasing the classic era of Scottish passenger operations in ‘OO’ gauge.
• Serial: There was little Christmas excess for the Mostyn team, well not in the usual sense. Barrowmore has been abuzz with the sounds of woodwork over the festive period and the group shows off its amazing progress on the fiddle yard extension to the layout.
• Specials: Our Class 37 twin-packs and Teenage Cancer Trust Class 60 are still available but for how much longer? Hurry if you want to secure any of these collectables before it’s too late.