REM55: Top coverage of all major modelling scales
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 150.
In the November issue:
• News: ViTrains announces a brand new locomotive – the Class 47. RAIL EXPRESS publishes the first images of the pre-production model. Dapol is also busy with news that it intends to produce Class 43, 56, 58, 153 & 390 ‘Pendolino’ and Mk. 3 coaches in ‘N’ and the ‘silver bullet’ clay slurry tanker in ‘N’ and ‘OO’. There are also pictures of Flangeway’s new Independant Snowplough.
• Reviews: Bachmann’s latest air-braked freight vehicle, the VDA van, is covered, while the Graham Farish ‘N’ gauge Class 108 also gets a look in. Our main review, though, reports on Dapol’s 4mm scale FEA-B ‘twin’ container flat.
• Feature: We take a closer look at Brian Daniels’s superb fleet of ‘O’ gauge BR corporate blue era diesels, which covers a range of locomotives from the DJH Class 03 and Just Like The Real Thing Class 24s right up to the latest JLTRT Class 37 kit and a selection of ‘Peak’ machines.
• Exhibitions: This year the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition at the NEC will now take place in November, so we give the low down on the diesel & electric era layouts that will be attending, along with a guide to the best traders to look out for. By the way, RAIL EXPRESS can be found on stands F34 & F35.
• Serial: Continuing their look at the latest wagons to join the Mostyn fleet, this month’s column describes a build of the Acorn Models 1/271 two-axle 20-ton grain hopper kit. The completion of this vehicle marks two firsts for the layout – it’s Dave Millward’s first completed wagon and the first covered hopper to join Mostyn roster.