REM54: Best for modern modelling
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 149.
In the October issue:
• News: Exclusive images of pre-production samples of our forthcoming special and limited edition products, including the cancer charity Class 60, Bachmann Class 37/5s and Dapol’s FEA. There is also a report covering the latest 7mm scale news from the ‘O’ Gauge Guild’s event at Telford. Plus: first pictures of Graham Farish’s Class 150 ‘Sprinter’.
• Feature: Heljan’s Class 58 in Railfreight Coal livery was a huge disappointment when it was released earlier this year. We give the model the ‘treatment’ with ten easy upgrade steps as 58020 Doncaster Works.
• Feature: Everything you wanted to know about BREL’s Type 5, TOPS Class 58, in two pages. Simon Bendall describes the life and times of BR’s modular heavy freight machine. They might be retired from UK use by EWS but several examples are still in action on the continent.
• Exhibitions: October’s show line-up includes the always popular Manchester Model Railway Society exhibition. We preview this, along with other top shows with D&E Era content, including Blackburn , Rail-Ex Southwest and the Farnham & District MRC event.
• Serial: More projects come to fruition ahead of the Beckenham show in October. REM illustrates one of the excellent tippler wagons mentioned in the previous issue, as well as four examples from a rake of brand new 13-ton sand wagons based on the Parkside kit.
• Reviews: More reviews than you can shake a stick at! Bachmann’s air-braked BDA bogie bolster D and Dapol’s ‘Grampus’ engineer’s wagon are covered, in 4mm scale while the ‘N’ coverage takes a look at Graham Farish’s Virgin Class 220 ‘Voyager’, Class 42 ‘Warship’, Class 57/0 in Direct Rail Services ‘compass’ colours, FIA/IFA ‘Multifret’ twin container flat and the Mk. 1 BCK in blue/grey.