REM53: Best for D&E – From ‘N’ & 2mm to ‘O’ gauge and larger
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 148.
In the September issue:
• News: RAIL EXPRESS illustrates the first pre-production samples of its much anticipated Class 37/5 model – new nose and roof tooling! Hornby releases a budget decoder, GNER Mk. 3s and a modern ‘Taxi’. The N Gauge Society shows off development models of its ‘Autoballaster’ hoppers, which includes the original KPA aggregate hoppers. The 2mm Scale Association rebrands itself and the standards it administers.
• Feature: Grahame Hedges excellent urban ‘N’ gauge layout Stoney Lane Depot has been an inspiration to many modellers. In this article, he describes his methods for creating the wonderful buildings and other structures that populate his densly packed layouts.
• Feature: Sporting some of the most incrediblely detailed traction and rolling stock, Simon Harris’s North Wales 1970s opus Ynysarwed Sidings has many admirers, even though it rarely goes out to exhibitions. We present a pictorial look at this ground-breaking 2mm finescale layout.
• Exhibitions: September’s show line-up is dominated by scale and gauge specific shows, with almost something for every taste. REM previews the N Gauge Show, Expo EM North and the Gauge O Guild’s Guildex event. We also look at the Scaleforum event, which promises to have more D&E layouts than ever before!
• Serial: Ahead of the Beckenham show in October, the Mostyn workbench is getting busy. The team describe one of the fascinating new projects underway, a rake of ironstone tipplers of various diagrams, utilising the Parkside Duncas kit as a base.
• Reviews: Rounding up the magazine is a page of reviews taking a brief look at Hornby’s latest pair of ‘Grid’ locomotives, Nos. 56032 and 56103, and Bachmann’s new Scenecraft office block.
On sale on Thursday, August 21st,