REM52: D&E era modelling at its best!
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 147.
In the August issue:
• News: Dapol shows off the first pre-production samples of the forthcoming FEA-B ‘twin’ container flat. Heljan also has a new model to show off in the form of early plastic samples of the Cargowaggon IGA bogie flat. Cambrian Models releases its YHA ‘Whale’ 50-ton bogie ballast hopper.
• News Pictorial: Bachmann’s Trade Open Day has been and gone. RAIL EXPRESS Modeller presents high quality imagery of the models on show that are sure to get diesel and electric era modellers excited. The new ‘Sprinter’ is illustrated in complete form.
• Features: Direct Rail Services’ Crewe Gresty Bridge depot is perfect for the modern modeller. Based on a small site, it features a fascinating selection of locomotives and a great backdrop. Philip Sutton describes the facility and explores modelling options.
• Reviews: Hornby’s two-axle ‘Clam’, ‘Rudd’ and ‘Tope’ ballast/spoil open wagons are here. REM presents the first review of these new ‘Dutch’ liveried engineer’s wagons, that are ideal for layouts set in the 1990s.
• Serial: Having looked at the Class 40s in the previous issue, the Mostyn team’s attention now turns to replacement options for the venerable Class 24s and Class 25s on the layout. Is the Hornby option still viable, or is a Bachmann-based model feasible?
• Full Frame: Rebuilt for the Southern Region power upgrade scheme, Network Rail’s Mk. 1 generator vans – converted from BGs – can now be seen all over the country as part of test trains. Roland Turner shows how to model one of these striking yellow vehicles in 4mm scale.
On sale on Friday, August 1st, at your local newsagent or via subscription – Please accept our apologies for the delayed appearance of this magazine.