REM50: Simply the best D&E era coverage
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 145.
In the June issue:
• Offers: Following our announcement in the last issue of the Teenage Cancer Trust Class 60 60074 as our limited edition for 2008, RAIL EXPRESS Modeller is please to release details of a fifth Class 37/5 model to be produced exclusively for us by Bachmann. Due to popular demand we will be producing 37507 Hartlepool Pipe Mill in the classic Railfreight Metals colour scheme.
• News: Heljan and Hattons team up to produce a 4mm scale model of the Class 14 ‘Teddy Bear’ Type 1 diesel hydraulic locomotives, while Dapol and Kernow have joined forces once again to announce the Class 205 ‘Thumper’ DEMUs in ‘N’ and ‘OO’. ViTrains releases three more Class 37s, while Hornby and Bachmann show off new R-T-R freight stock tooling.
• Exhibitions: There is a preview of the Diesel & Electric Modellers United show at Burton-upon-Trent and MIGO+1’s annual exhibition near Chester in June. You can see RAIL EXPRESS Modeller at DEMU!
• Layout: Having inspired many people with his first layout Dyserth Road, Nick Gurney is back with his latest project, and it is a real head turner. Utilising Heljan’s DCC-controlled container cranes, Nick has built an intermodal terminal that is hot on activity both on and off the tracks. Check out our extended coverage of Holland Park.
• Reviews: Genesis Kits’ latest wagon kit, the EWS HOA bogie aggregate hopper, and C=Rail Intermodal’s 20ft tanktainers are reviewed.
• Serial: Barrowmore’s bus expert Eddie Knorn talks about a key part of Mostyn’s non-rail public transport fleet, the Crossville Leyland Nationals. There are hints and tips on modelling these road classics, along with some help in finding your way around this difficult subject with a guide to bus research.
RAIL EXPRESS Modeller 50 – Giving Diesel & Electric era modellers a voice!