REM49: The only mag for the modern modeller!
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 144.
In the May issue:
• News: RE is commissioning Hornby to produce a limited edition of the blue Teenage Cancer Charity Class 60, whilst the Dapol FEAs are delayed. Heljan lays claim to Kestrel and BTH Type 1 as their 2009 ‘OO’ gauge releases plus an ‘O’ gauge Class 20 is on the way. Bachmann display Grafar Class 108 and ‘Warship’, whilst in ‘OO’, the air-brake Bogie Bolster D wagon is nearing completion.
• Exhibitions: The show season springs into life. We have a round-up of key shows featuring modern content including the not to be missed Railex and Trainwest.
• Layout: An extended look at Mike Anson’s superb 1970s Western Region diesel depot modelled to ‘P4’ standards. He explains how the layout came about along with the problems of finding suitable locomotives.
• Quick fix: Peter Mantle undertakes some improvements to the ‘chunky’ Bachmann Branchline OCA air-brake open wagon resulting in an impressive, more refined, result.
• Serial: The Mostyn Crew continue in a stock building vein with the addition of a couple of GWR-style ‘Toad’ brake vans to the engineering train roster. Learn about the detail differences and how to improve the Ratio kit.
• Offers: It’s your last chance to order our Bachmann Class 37 twin-packs. Don’t leave it too long and miss out on these collectors’ items!