REM48: Easter surprise.
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 143.
In the April issue:
• News: Dapol plans ready-to-run models of the North British D600 and D6300 diesel hydraulics, the former in conjunction with Kernow Model Rail Centre. Southern Pride Models produces Mk. 2f DBSO and high-speed track recording coach kits and Lima Mk. 3 upgrade parts. Bachmann increases prices following rising costs in China. Precision Labels releases West Coast Railways transfers.
• Reviews: Hornby’s new ‘Shark’ ballast plough brake van is here, but how does it fare compared to the previous ‘Seacow’ model and the competition?
• Research: Mendip stone trains – The second part of our feature on Mendip stone trains looks at the traction requirements through the years, along with present day train formations. There is also a guide to stone terminals, with a plan of Merehead quarry.
• Modelling: Alex Carpenter tackles the engine test bed Class 47/9 No. 47901 in Railfreight Construction livery, based on the Heljan ‘O’ gauge model.
• Exhibitions: Spring is around the corner, bringing with it a whole spate of exhibitions to visit. Let us give you the low down on them all including the REM-sponsored Nottingham show.
• Serial: The Mostyn boys show off their latest project, a review of the new Masterclass Models 4mm scale kit for the Mk. 1 CCT. With only the ageing Hornby (ex-Lima) model available in ‘OO’, how does this new etched kit stack up?
• Others: SS3 has some fun with National Express East Coast!