REM47: Innovative and essential.
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 142.
In the March issue:
• News: The Hornby Fastline Freight limited edition Class 56 has arrived and been despatched. New Class 37s in ‘OO’ and ‘N’ are in the shops from ViTrains and Graham Farish and we have news of an 4mm scale etched kit for a Mk. 1 CCT.
• News Extra: REM visited the Excel centre in London’s Docklands to find out Bachmann’s programme of new releases for the next year or so. Plus the latest information from Heljan including news of Falcon re-runs and ‘Clayton’ delays. We also have a short interview with Bachmann’s Graham Hubbard.
• Research: Mendip stone trains – Much of London and the South East’s building development is founded on materials brought in by rail from the Somerset quarries. In the first of a two-part modeller’s guide, Simon Bendall provides the history. Includes train formations.
• Exhibitions: Spring is around the corner, bringing with it a whole spate of exhibitions to visit. Let us give you the low down on them all including the REM-sponsored Nottingham show.
• Serial: It’s looking good for the Mostyn extension as the Barrowmore Club order in track components and discuss the finer points of track geometry on Templot’s forum. The SR brake van fleet is junked in the light of new information!
• Others: SS3 has some fun with National Express East Coast!
Unfortunately publication was slightly delayed due to the need to process and despatch the Fastline Class 56. The magazine should be with subscribers and on general sale by Friday morning.