REM45: First with the D&E modelling news every month!
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 140. In the January issue:
• News: In RAIL EXPRESS Modeller’s traditional New Year news round-up, we exclusively reveal Hornby’s diesel and electric era release programme, which includes several big surprises, as well as the gen on Heljan’s new models for the same period. We also present all the news and pictures from the Warley National Model Railway exhibition at the NEC in early December.
• Reviews: Heljan’s latest big diesels, the BREL Class 58 and Brush’s Falcon locomotive, along with Bachmann’s Prototype ‘Deltic’ machine are reviewed, along with the latest releases from Graham Farish by Bachmann, the all-new Class 37/0, low-emissions Class 66 and Freightliner Heavy Haul HHA coal hopper. We also build up the latest product from S-Kits, the British Steel, now EWS-owned, PGA hopper.
• Features: David Ratcliffe gives a history of bitumen trains in the latest in our popular series of Modeller’s Guide train formation articles, which includes a case study of the fascinating Preston Docks Totalfina operation.
• Exhibitions: The best diesel and electric era layout photography from the NEC.
• Serial: It’s ‘pedal to the metal’ for the Mostyn boys as they push on with new stock ahead of their next exhibition at St Albans in January. Richard is asking questions about Chester departmental coaches and Dave presents a review of the Warley show from the demonstation perspective.
• Others: SS3 looks at the excellent pre-launch London Overground posters, and despairs at the latest livery mistake.