REM43: D&E era modelling at its best
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 138:
• News: Dapol reveals its new locomotive, a Class 35 ‘Hymek’ and the latest progress on its sliding hood steel carrier and FEA container flat, all in ‘N’ scale’. Heljan announces that it is to produce the IGA bogie Cargowaggon flat. ViTrains releases two new Class 37s, while Judith Edge Kits produces a kit for the Western Region PWM650. Shawplan outs a massive selection of new nameplates, while RAIL EXPRESS reveals that it is to supply Wilson Walshe nameplates with its 56302 limited edition.
• Reviews: We look at two brand new EMD Type 5s from Bachmann in 4mm scale, five-door No. 66412 in DRS and Freightliner Shanks No. 66522.
• Features: Railfreight Distribution on a budget is the theme for this month’s main detailing feature, as we take two low-priced locomotives, the Heljan Class 47 and ViTrains Class 37 and take them through ‘ten steps’ to make ideal layout locomotives that are robust and won’t break the bank. Meanwhile, Barrowmore MRG describe the scratchbuilding of its continuous welded rail train in specially extended Mostyn column.
• Exhibitions: The definitive diary of exhibitions with diesel and electric interest.
• Others: SS3 comments on Hornby’s new Railroad range of low-priced items and a new ‘do it yourself’ graffiti-a-train toy, and also looks at Creative Miniature Northcord’s new chariot for the ‘white van man’, the near ubiquitous Mercedes ‘Sprinter’ panel van.