REM42: The best D&E era layouts
FREE with RAIL EXPRESS magazine No. 137:
• News: Bachmann shows off its forthcoming ‘cut-away’ Class 37/0 and promises end of year release for the Dynamis DCC system, S-Kits releases MHA and PGA wagon kits, DC Kits offers new paint jobs for Heljan Class 47, Parkside super-sizes its HTO hopper for 7mm and JLTRT’s 10000/1 is said to be just weeks away
• Reviews: A selection of Chivers 4mm scale SR/BR wagons are built up for this issue, which includes the fishily named Lamprey, Tunny, Crab and Ling vehicles that all saw service well into the 1980s and not just confined to the BR(S).
• Features: REM is proud to present the latest project from the outstanding ‘N’ gauge modeller Grahame Hedges. Stoney Lane Depot showcases an inner-city South London setting in the 1980s, with a touch of the Stewarts Lane about it, and builds on the Grahame’s superb earlier layout Hedges Hill Cutting.
• Exhibitions: We have reports from both the Gauge ‘O’ Guild’s Guildex event in Telford and the N Gauge Society’s 40th anniversary bash in Kettering.
• Others: More new freight vehicles are on display in the Mostyn serial, which shows off three new LMS/BR brake vans built from the Connoisseur Models kit. The team also looks forward to the Aldershot and Blackburn shows. Meanwhile, an extended Paintshop feature takes a closer look at the Railfreight sub-sector livery.